Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Cookies 2012

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day! My hubby asked me what I'd like and I told him I didn't need anything and didn't want him to buy me anything.  I think he was excited about this and then I asked him to help me deep-clean the house. I used the excuse that it would go so much faster with his help.
And you know what? He was happy to do it. :) What a great hubby! And honestly, he really is a good cleaner...I just need to get him to do it more often! :)

So, whether you receive roses, cookies, or a helper for a deep-clean of your house, enjoy your special day with your loved ones. 

And here are some pictures of Valentine's Day cookies I made over the weekend!
Hot pink sanding sugar and disco dust were added to these little guys!

And how fun are these?!!? Conversation heart cookies for a grade school class.


 Very simple lines, but they make the cookies so cute!
 The standard toothpick squiggle. :)
 Polka dots are simple and elegant and o so pretty!
And another version of the toothpick squiggle!

I have a few more pics to post tomorrow, so be sure to come back and check out the other decorations!

Happy Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

  1. Love them!!!! How did you get the lettering so perfect? Kopykake, or does that just come natural? My kids cleaned the house for vday. i couldn't be happier! check out my blog, www.sweetsbysuz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually did the lettering myself this time. I do have a Kopykake, but didn't want to lug it out just for the "Be Mine" on the cookies. :) They aren't perfect, but I was really pleased with how they turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have some serious skills!!! i need to work on my piping handwriting/placement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, thanks! I've been decorating cakes since 1997...so I'm well-practiced. I still have days that it doesn't go my way though. :) And I'm lovin' my clean house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a little better, i just started decorating this fall and love it!! This collection is great! I love all your other pics as well. Maybe someday I'll be able to get my piping handwriting better than my sloppy handwriting. But yes, the house does fall apart when i am lost in cooking decorating. Do you sell a lot of cookies? I have put it out there, but I find it hard to find people who want really detailed cookies but don't want to pay more than 1.50. Someone couldn't believe i would want 2.50 for a custom character one... it is a labor of love!

      Delete
  5. Hi , Love ur Cookies they look great ? im new to baking was thinking maybe i could get come help here. my royal icing seems sandy texture although it hardens up well i was just wondering is it normal for the royal icing to feel like sandy texture when i mix it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elsie, it might just be the particular recipe you're using. I add one to two tablespoons of Karo syrup (light corn syrup) to my recipe and that helps with both texture and shininess.
      Something else that might be causing the poor texture, is over mixing. I use medium to medium low speed on a stand mixer to mix my royal icing and never whip to the "stiff" consistency often mentioned in recipes. I've found that doing so will give a much duller appearance to the final cookie and I like mine to look smooth and silky. Any other questions, just let me know! :) Thanks for visiting!!!

      Delete